Topic to be determined
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for discussion on innovative research, in the field of development economics, that can be useful for conceiving a new model of sustainable development. The conference welcomes both empirical and theoretical contributions on general issues concerning the following major areas:
- climate change and environmental threats to health,
- inequality and poverty in times of war,
- the spread of 4.0 technologies based on robots and algorithms,
- the growing demographic imbalance between low- and high-income countries, and related migrations
- The Mediterranean question.
The objectives of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (A2030SS), adopted in 2015, aim – inter alia – at the elimination of poverty and hunger, the reduction of inequality, the satisfaction of basic needs, the adoption of ecologically sustainable consumption and productions obtainable with clean energy. The A2030SS does not clarify whether the intertemporal sustainability of these objectives will require degrowth, or whether it will be sufficient to treat separately the environmental, distribution, labour, and demographic objectives to be pursued in a collaborative climate of peace and good governance. Emerging economies are called upon to reduce emissions and resource extraction and rethink their lifestyles with a high environmental impact. But the progress towards these objectives is hampered by recent worsening in the four transitions also due to low-quality governments that still resort to coercive and belligerent measures. What are the possible solutions for such and similar dilemmas? For further information.
The international conference SITES – Utopie 2022 invites the submission of long abstracts for research papers, participant panels, and posters related to the topics of the conference and the general themes of development economics.
Call for Papers
The VII international conference of SITES, organized in collaboration with the CRISEI Institute based at the Department of Business and Economic Studies of the Parthenope University of Naples and the Institute for Mediterranean Studies, CNR-ISMed, and , will be held at Villa D’Angri Doria in Posillipo (Naples) on 16 and 17 September 2023. The event will take place in person.
- ex ante and ex post impact assessments of social programs and recovery plans
- economic growth and comparative economic development
- innovation and automatization
- family planning and demographic evolution
- inequality, gender, and inter-generational gaps
- private and public health in the post-pandemic
- environment, agriculture, and natural resources
- governance and political economy
- fiscal and monetary policies
- international trade
- labor and credit markets
- long run sustainability of Italian Dualism
- development of the Mediterranean region
May 1, 2023 – Submission opens
The submission of abstracts or full papers in pdf format must be done online at the link
Registration & Abstract Submission from May 1, 2023.
June 25, 2023 – Submission closes
June 30, 2023 – Notification of submission results
July 30, 2023 – Registration
You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration. For more information, contact the secretary Beppe Folloni email@example.com.
To be announced
The costs of attending the Conference are: 250 Euros for Junior Members (PhD students and post-doc researchers) and 280 Euros for Junior Non-Members; 340 Euros for Senior Members and 400 Euros for Senior Non-Members. Auditors and accompanying persons can also be registered for a fee. Registration does not cover accommodation and transport costs. Participants are also required to become a member of SITES. Within the limits of available funds, financial support will be granted to cover travel and accommodation costs for participants living and working in a low-income country. The request for financial support must be submitted by writing to the secretary Beppe Folloni (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Awards (Best Doctoral Thesis and Paper) in memory of Jean-Paul Fitoussi
The Scientific Committee is assigning the “Best Doctoral Thesis” and “Best Paper” Prizes in memory of Jean-Paul Fitoussi consisting in the reimbursement of the subscription fees to the best paper from a doctoral thesis and best paper presented at the Conference by a junior scholar. The Scientific Committee will also select a set of 10 best papers to be submitted to a special issue of an A journal (ANVUR scale) after the peer review process of SITES and the traditional blinded review system will select 6 papers for final publication.
Financial contributions are welcome, especially donations from institutions. For more information write to the Secretary Beppe Folloni email@example.com
- President, Salvatore Capasso / ISMED-CNR and Università Parthenope di Napoli
- Maria Rosaria Carillo / Università Parthenope di Napoli
- Marcello D’Amato / Università Suor Orsola Benincasa di Napoli
- Stefania Lovo / University of Reading
- Federico Perali / Università di Verona
- Beppe Folloni / Università di Trento
- Giorgio Carluccio / Open Economics
- Sara Savastano / IFAD and Università di Roma – Tor Vergata
- Marco Missaglia / Università di Pavia
- Martina Menon / Università di Verona
- Luca Pennacchio / Università Parthenope di Napoli
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia / Università di Firenze
- Pasquale Lucio Scandizzo / Università di Roma Tor-Vergata and Open Economics
- Gianfranco Canitano / ISMED-CNR
- Claudia Di Somma / ISMED-CNR
Practical Information (Location, Hotels, How to Arrive)
The conference will take place at Villa Doria D’Angri in Posillipo (Napoli) hosted by Università Parthenope.
How to reach Villa Doria d’Angri
Villa Doria d’Angri is located in Via Francesco Petrarca 80 – 80122 Napoli.
If you arrive by Train in Napoli Centrale Station, we suggest to take Metro 2 to Mergellina, get off at Mergellina station and take the bus C21. Then get out in front of Villa Doria d’Angri.
If you arrive by Plain, take Alibus to Piazza Municipio. Then, we recommend taking the bus 140 to Posillipo from the stop in front of the Port of Naples (via Acton just near Maschio Angioino and Parthenope University), get off at Mergellina – Leone and take the bus C21 to Villa Doria d’Angri.
If you arrive by Car, parking is available at Villa Doria.
You can also reach Villa Doria by Taxi: Radio Taxi Numbers: 081-0101; 081-8888; 081-2222
Main distances: 16 km from Capodichino airport, 8 km from Napoli Centrale railway station, 1.5 km from Mergellina station.
|BW signature collection Hotel Paradiso||Via Catullo 11||081 247 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mercure||Via Depretis 123||081 email@example.com|
|Naples||Corso Umberto I 35||081 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nettuno||Via sedile di porto||081 email@example.com|
|Oriente||Via Armando Diaz, 44||081 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Partenope Relais||Via Niccolo’ Tommaseo 1||081 195 70 email@example.com||223|
|NH Napoli Panorama||Via Medina, 70||081 firstname.lastname@example.org||213|
|50 suite B&B||Via Pergolesi 1 B||081 email@example.com||171|
|Palazzo Salgar||Via Nuova Marina 120||081 1937 firstname.lastname@example.org||165|
|Star Hotel Terminus||Piazza Garibaldi 91||081 7793111||161|
|Airone||via del Cerriglio 10||081 18578207||125|
|Toledo relais||Via Toledo 156||081 email@example.com||120|
|1970 ROOMS||Via San Giacomo firstname.lastname@example.org||93|
|Suite Napoli Riviera||Via riviera di Chiaja email@example.com||81|
How to arrive