IFAD is seeking a Senior Economist – VA15017 – to work in the Research and Impact Assessment Division.
Deadline for applying: Sept 19, 2023
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at local, national and international levels for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
The Research and Impact Assessment Division is the premier research, data, knowledge and evidence use arm of IFAD. RIA produces evidence and knowledge to support the design new projects and programs and to formulate strategies aimed at achieving rural development and food system transformation through informed and evidence-based decision making.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Impact Assessment with experimental and non-experimental approaches and mixed-methods
- Design and supervise the implementation of household surveys
- Coordinate and lead research projects
- Liaise with donors & senior government stakeholders on policies and projects
- Publish research in peer-reviewed journals
- Communicate lessons learned to a broad spectrum of stakeholders (donors, policy makers, academics, ..)
- conduct capacity development, training
- generate evidence-informed policy indications to support senior managers
- Provide support to corporate commitments.