Description and Objectives
Lab in the field experiments and methods
The course will be held at … during the period XXX. It will introduce students to the following topics … The course offers a balanced combination of lectures, case studies, group work, and hands-on exercises. Data sets used for the course, and in particular the mediterranean data base, will be made publicly accessible on the website platform using a “ready-to-use” format to facilitate cross-country comparisons of impact evaluations and living of standards.
- Stata/R refresh
- How to realize an ad hoc questionnaire focused on the research objectives
- Classical Sampling techniques
- Data cleaning and data quality control of raw data to improve accuracy, precision, interpretability and representativeness
- Techniques dealing with missing data and different methods of imputation
- Outlier detection methods and robust estimation techniques
- Statistical programs to access data and data harmonization following Eurostat standards
- Reporting techniques and quality of data communication
- Examples using longitudinal data bases and cross section available in the SITES data repository and the Socio-Economic Data base of Mediterranean countries
Bachelor / Master / Ph.D. in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics and similar.
Previous experience in R and STATA is a benefit.
Fees will be paid with a bank transfer. For more information ask the Secretary Beppe Folloni at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Manuale di Stata
|Development Research in Practice (DIME- Development IMpact Evaluation)
|Classes in presence
|Student / Accademic
|Public/Private Sector Employee
SITES wishes to thank … for financial support.
Board of teachers
- Dr. Elena Dalla Chiara, CIDE University of Verona
- Dr. Nicola Tommasi, CIDE University of Verona
- Federico Perali / Università di Verona
- Martina Menon / University of Verona
- Sara Savastano / IFAD and University of Rome Tor Vergata
- Salvatore Capasso / ISMED and University Parthenope of Naples
Logistics and lodging information